A Drink Eases The Burden Of Working (TS: 12/10/17 19:28)

Home Forums IG: Prospero Port IG: The Mermaid’s Song Tavern A Drink Eases The Burden Of Working (TS: 12/10/17 19:28)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Anya kitty Julie Sampson 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan enters The Mermaid Song shoulders slouched and head down. She walks to bar. After sliding a few copper, she speaks.*
    “A cider please. Actually, make it two.”
    *Taking her drinks, Rowan finds a quiet table in the corner with a view of the door.*
    “Well there goes my extra income.”

Gyda: A young Einher woman. Her hair falls past her shoulders and is kept out of her face by several braids. She always has a satchel of medial supplies on her.
    Rowan: A human druid who is the co-owner of the Tempest Grove Companions Guild. She often wears her hair in a bun and dresses earthy tones.

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

Sitting across the room, Pili sits alone at a table, jingling the bells on his necklace while swigging back the bottom of his second or third drink. He gets up to go get another, seeing Rowan finding her own seat. He waves.

Purchasing another ale, he walks over to sit with her.
    “It’s getting colder by the day.”
    He takes a sip.
    “How have you been?”

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan downs one of her ciders before speaking.*
    “Someone told Tveirthor that he’s supposed to be getting paid for his work. He’s so bad with his money. This is just more of a headache for me.”
    *She cradles her other cider in her hand before taking a long, slow drink.*
    “How are you my friend? For how close we are to one an other, we don’t see each other near enough.”

Gyda: A young Einher woman. Her hair falls past her shoulders and is kept out of her face by several braids. She always has a satchel of medial supplies on her.
    Rowan: A human druid who is the co-owner of the Tempest Grove Companions Guild. She often wears her hair in a bun and dresses earthy tones.

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

“I agree,” Pil answers. “It feels like it’s been ages. I’ve just been occupied with a few things.
    He spins his tooth pendant over the table, the tiny bells chiming quietly in the hall.
    “It’s been a bit difficult to get away…”

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan reaches over and clasps one of Pili hands with a gentle smile.*
    “I’ll make my way to the Grove eventually Pili. And once I’m there, I’ll be there to stay.”
    *Rowan finishes her drink and stands up. She lets her hand fall away from his as she moved towards the bar.*
    “You look like something is troubling you. The next drink is on me and you’re telling me what’s going on.”
    *After grabbing the drinks, Rowan slides an ale in front of Pili and takes a seat herself.*

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

Finishing off his fourth, a heavy sigh follows. He slumps in his seat a tad, his neckpiece almost plunging in Rowan’s gift.
    “Sigh… well, it could be nothing, but.. I fear for the worst.
    He looks up at her, a worried flicker in his eyes.
    “I haven’t seen her in days.. we stayed in Prospero for the Althing, told Remington and I she’d catch up. But she didn’t return after too long, so I left Remy and came back. But still, I have yet to find her.”
    Another heavy sigh and heavy drink follows.

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan contorts her face as she tries to make sense of what Pili is trying to say. She pushes her drink to the side and leans on the table towards Pili with a concerned look on her face.*
    “I’m…. I’m not following Pili. You’re going to have to be more clear. ”
    *Rowan places her hand on Pili’s forearm and begins rubbing gently.*

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

He looks at her sternly.
    “To be blunt, I think Eimear’s missing. Abducted by bandits or slavers or.. something.”
    He takes a breath.
    “I worry for her.”
    Another heavy chug of the ale drops into his belly. He wipes the foam from his beard and slumps further forward.
    “You don’t think she’d actually get captured, do you?”

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan tilted her head, her eyes intensely staring into Pili’s eyes. She hold this position for a few moments before breaking it. She throughs her head back with a laugh. It takes a moment before she can calm herself. *
    “Are you sure you speak of the right person? I don’t ever see Eimear getting herself into that sort of situation.”
    *Rowan shakes her head while chuckling.*

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

“I thought the same, too,” he replied. “But it’s not to say it hasn’t happened before… slavers came to the grove a few months past and whisked her away. Who’s to say it hasn’t happened again?”

He looks down at the amber ale swirling in his cup, and sighs.

“In all honesty, it scares me a little bit.”

He strokes his chin for a moment, staring off into space.

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan grew quiet as Pili spoke, processing his words and the weight that came with them. She sat in the silence as she played the words in her head again and again. She stared down into her drink. *
    “No.”
    *Her voice was firm and flat. The flush in her cheeks was growing and tears in the corners of her eyes threatened to flow over.*
    “It can’t be.”
    *Her voice was strained as she tried to keep her composure. *

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

A gentle hand landed on Rowan’s. He locked eyes with her once more.

“I’m sure she’ll be alright,” he began softly. “Eimear is a strong woman. She would unlikely let herself be caught off guard.”

He leans back in his chair, drink in hand.

“I’ve already made it known to Lusa Resh. She would want to know of this; Eimear is a close friend of her, as well as myself. She’ll help however she can.”

Another mouthful pours down Pili’s throat.

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

*Rowan inhaled a slowly in a attempt to calm herself. She wipes away the tears at the corners of her eyes.*
    “How do we know for certain that Eimear is missing not of her own accord? And what are we doing to find her?”
    *She matches Pili’s casual pose, drink included.*

Pili
    Pili
    Participant

Pili takes a deep breath, his eyes cast down to the table.
    “Well, I’ve spent enough time with the woman. We’re never too far from each other’s side. I’d know something’s wrong if she’s gone for too long. Rowan, she’s been missing for days now.”
    He bottoms the last of his ale and continues.
    “Lusa said that she’d put out a search party for her, if I recall. I’ve been asking around Old Town to see if anyone has seen her. We’re doing all we can right now.”

Anya kitty
    Julie Sampson
    Participant

Anya having finished her work for the day moves to sit in the corner away form the pair speaking quietly.

Twirling her own drink with not much interest she stayed in the shadows for now. reflecting on things.

Halgrims father had not been gifted his remains for proper burial so that peekd curiosities. the three other savar party peeked her interest but i was Leary to join their pride. It was a nice offer would be nice to consider but my pride was the grove the people in it and Chef Alok. Not sure of they would take kindly to the way I am treated y him.Although they would have to deal with it i suppose because we had become quite close over the past few years of my working there.

what had come over me with the lil squeeky man . cobald he called himself. I had grabbed him and even damaged his attire. It was not like me at all. However he had something of emiers and it didnt settle well with me. I was sure to get a talking to once it had hit the ears of Alok . after all i had to be carefull.

sipping the ale yet mostly playing with it .

" It was the worst thing I ever put into my mouth for free! So now I charge Double!"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.