Ogre seen at Skein Gate

Home Forums IG: Prospero Port Ogre seen at Skein Gate

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bergelmir Bergelmir 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Portato
    Cole
    Participant

The sun shining down through an overcast sky, the light wind nipping at shocked faces as a rather confused looking Ogre lumbers into town and towards the Skein Gate. Loud befuddled mumbling is heard “…Me am not dead” softer less audible mumbling “First me must find Daisy” is all that can be made out before violent curses and the ogre is seen storming back out towards the road from Prospero Port.

(4/2/2018 9:44am)

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Portato Cole.
    Portato
    Cole
    Participant

The wind cutting like knives through the streets of Propero Port as the ogre is seen once again lumbering towards the Skein gate, a large polearm in his hand, the intricate details on the blade lost in the cloudy night, mumbling again as he sends his message. “…Sylvia…” looking over his shoulders “…Firreth” before wrapping a shabby blanket around himself and sitting beside the Skein gate.

(4/2/2018 8:27pm)

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

The guards, of course, were always to be considered. Once upon a time in Prospero, there were two blind eyes turned for every one watchful, but since the Day of Zier, a time when nightmarish fairy tales came to life in the Port, everything felt just a bit more martial, paranoid, with an innate distrust of the unusual and the ‘other’.

In this particular case Kezig gazes across the courtyard surrounding the gate to find a detachment of Prosperan guards in their familiar (Venetian-style); tawny cloaks, maroon doublets, plumed hats and breastplates. In the midst of them, coolly lecturing on some martial matter or another, is a lavishly dressed swordsman in a long, dark-red cloak, its breast decorated with the white and red raven icon.

Already, their conversation is growing quieter, their plumed heads beginning to turn distractedly over their shoulders. Eventually suspicion in their thoughts manifests to muttered suspicions. Eventually they are silent, and all watching the ogre slummin’ it next to their nice big shiny publicly funded gate.

“Move along” calls the longcoated Red. “No loitering.”

It's just a passing phase, said the fox - he was being skinned.

Portato
    Cole
    Participant

Kezig slowly raising his drowsy eyed head. “Oh is Okay, me not loitering” lazily standing himself up a hand resting against the wall for support. To the right of his hand is an ornate polearm, the blade having a flower carved into it and the wooden haft decorated with vine carvings.

“Me am Kezig” extending a large yellow hand to the longcloaked Red. “Me wait for answer on gate, it helps me talk far” nodding, yet a worried look lingering in his eyes as he starts to tap a foot. “Oh maybe you can help, you know Cypress? Me am trying to find some of them. Maybe you know tiny racist?” Now stary eyed with hope.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

As yellow extends toward red, the crowd parts like a dark elf necromancer’s dramatic black hair. However Red is not looking at the yellow-skinned ogre, but instead gazing over his head. “I know many racists” says Red, leaving it to hang as he examines the polearm with a canted head. “Such as myself.” The feather-headed Prosperan guards all turn and share a brief perfunctory agreement, nodding their assent; yes, he is a racist.

“Not to make you think I have the vaguest idea what in Erasmus’ name you are uttering. I am pleased to report I do not. That’s a fine blade–” he interrupts himself. “Who did you kill for it, creature?”

Portato
    Cole
    Participant

Kezig looks at his hand for something that could have caused such a reaction from the guard. “Oh is cause me yellow? Me used to be green is okay easy mistake” nodding as if that will fix everything.

“Oh you like daisy? She is nice, me find her in ditch when me woke up, did me mention waking up in ditch? Been yellow and had troubkls speaking since” looking longingly at the polearm which dies have a flower but it is certainky nkt a daisy “Me not kill for daisy” he says a soft gasp of offence accompanying his words.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

“I’m sorry” says Red, deadpan. He steps a little closer, the faint light of the skein gate’s glow catching him more properly. He’s a young human, handsome and black of hair, with a thick sweater up to his chin, his aforementioned long red cloak, and some fine, light chain armor. Thick gloves go up to his mid-forearm. Black boots rise to the knee. He’s quite put-together for a city guard, and so one might suspect that he is not. Nonetheless, the rank and file city precinct seem to defer to him, and this dynamic between guard and Red Raven is not unknown to anyone that’s been in Prospero Port for more than a few weeks. “My friends and I.. we didn’t understand the situation properly. We’re glad to let you use the skein gate. But have you paid your fee?” he says, his tone far more friendly than before.

The other guards look at each other with a painfully neutral expression, their eyes wide, as though they’re holding something back. One of them spurts from his lips before turning away, stifling his outburst. One of his fellows silences him with a punch on the shoulder.

Portato
    Cole
    Participant

Kezig after looking at the well put together guard looks at himself. Simple brown tattered or patched clothes, a leather vest as well as a plate gorget. A cloak wrapped up on the ground where he was resting, the glimmer of a steel helmet visible from under it. “Me not walk through though… me just think real hard at it” nodding and looking at the guards for confirmation, shrugging when it isn’t found.

“Me just trying to find Cypress grouo or maybe Sylvia, oh me also know Remington… well me meet him once when still green” hoping name dropping will help out “um me also met a minotaur, me think he from here” scratching his head, not showing any sign of wanting to move.

Kezig leaning around Red to look into the guards “why you hit him?” Looking to thr guard who punched the other one in the arm.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

“Ow!” howls the giggling grunt, his disposition vanished. “Who the ‘el is Cypress?”

“A cult” responds Red, before anyone else can. He speaks coolly. “An organization of necromantic would-bes that openly preaches.. that our laws are folly and our Lordmayor, thus, is wrong.” His tone is light, almost jocular. “What do you think of all of that, boys?”

They have no response, other than the bitterly vicious looks on their faces. The news of Cypress’ nature – no matter how cynical this version of it may be – has hung about their faces like a bad fart.

“Yes, we have knowledge of your group. The Ravens make all sedition our business. the better to serve our client” says Red, to the yellow-skin. “There is no warrant for your friends’ arrest yet. You’re rolling with a rough crowd, though, creature. I would spend my short life in better company, were I you.”

Portato
    Cole
    Participant

Kezig tilting his head. “That not really opinion of all, just the leadership. Me mainly friends with Sylvia and Eyeball aja” turning back to red “how is your client. Me mainly just want to find way back to tempest grove, me am all turned around after waking up in ditch”

Kezig stretches cracking his wrists and neck before looking around “oh, me could leave if you point where it is, me would very much like to return there. Me know people there” smiling widely, assuming this solves everyone’s problem.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

“Tempest Grove” Red he utters with a frothy mixture of incredulity and disgust. “I can have no fathoming of why any living creature would wish to visit that forsaken shitpot, but if you wish to contribute to its wretchedness with your own, I shall take no exception to it”. The guards have a light chuckle, but they’re not exactly blown away by Red’s barrage of insults, their expressions slightly pained. Perhaps Red’s delivery is a bit too indirect for their tastes. Perhaps they think Red is a pompous dick. “The Grove is precisely four leagues in that direction. Follow the Mud Road south, then there are signs from a small footpath to the Mountain Road that leads up into the Grove hills. I expect even a dull moron couldn’t miss it – which is handy, as that’s what you clearly are.”

“Always glad to send trouble where it belongs… far away in the vulgar mountain passes, where decent people never tread. You men have work” he redirects rather suddenly. The guards groggily snap to attention. “Then be about it.”

The guards disperse. Red simply faces a different direction to not give a fuck toward.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.