The Paperwork Never Ends

Home Forums IG: Tempest Grove The Paperwork Never Ends

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Gyda Gyda 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

Gyda scrawls furiously, trying to complete a particular incident report. She pauses, reading what she just wrote, and takes her quill to scratch it out.
    “That’s not right either. My memory doesn’t want to cooperate with me on this.”
    She folds up the report she had been writing and puts it in her bag. Getting up from the table, she retrieves a fresh report.
    Exiting the tent she mumbles to herself, “Perhaps the mages guild.”
    She makes her way over to the Bazaar before calling out to Bergelmir.

A young Einher woman. Her hair falls past her shoulders and is kept out of her face by several braids. She always has a satchel of medial supplies on her to help those in needs. She tends to dress in shades of blue and grey.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

As Gyda rounds the corner she is greeted with the sight of Tempest Grove ‘s erstwhile magus, Bergelmir. He is not sitting behind a dusty, wizardly tome – covered desk, but instead stripped to his breeches and suspended above the forest floor on a ladder. Clutched in his teeth is a red-stained paintbrush, the same red that neatly forms a series of large Furthark runes which seem still wet from his recent work. He removes the paintbrush from his mouth and resumes putting the finishing touches on a large tree-shaped rune. Without turning, and mouth empty, he coolly remarks… “What?”

It's just a passing phase, said the fox - he was being skinned.

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

Gyda is unfazed by the sight in front of her.
    “I need you to make a statement about the circumstances you left the guard under. It seems like there was some conducting themselves in a way that is unfitting for a guard.”
    She waves the incident report to draw Bergelmir’s attention to it.

A young Einher woman. Her hair falls past her shoulders and is kept out of her face by several braids. She always has a satchel of medial supplies on her to help those in needs. She tends to dress in shades of blue and grey.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

He’s been drawing a wet brush slowly in meticulous small strokes, forming the ancient runic language of the Einher, though, it must be said, with his own neat and elegant panache. But he stops.

“My relationship with the guard has ended. I see no reason to revisit the circumstances of my departure.”

He resumes painting again.

“I have a great deal of work to do, since Emperiex went to folkvangr. A guild to build. And my own studies… as I am once again an apprentice.”

He pauses and half turns.

“Is there anything else I can do for the merchant guard?”

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

Gyda sighs as she takex a seat.
    “I understand your relationship with the guard has ended but mine has not. I do have a job to do and this is part of it.”
    She places the incident report in front of her and grips her pen. She continues to speak without looking up.
    “I unfortunately cannot always be there when an incident takes places and reports still need filing. I don’t want to interrupt you any more than necessary so perhaps if you just would tell me what happened again as you continued your work, I could write it down.”

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

This stops him cold. He drops his brush-arm slowly. He does not turn his head, speaking into the spines on his bookshelf.

“You were there.”

He turns. His expression is one of cool incredulity. Nonplussed would also describe it.

“Is this another elaborate joke at my expense? Or were you too drunk to remember?”

Gyda
    Gyda
    Participant

Yet an other sigh falls from Gyda’s lips. Not in anger or frustration but simply exhaustion.
    “I heard your loud departure from a distance and later asked what happened, while offering my support to you. All I wanted was clarification.”
    She stands up and starts to make her exit from the Mage’s Guild, pausing before crossing the threshold into the Bazaar. She doesn’t look at Bergelmir.
    “Det oroar mig också att du känner att du behöver lasha ut så.”
    And with that she leaves.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.