WANTED (TS 2018-05-06 12:25 PM)

Home Forums IG: Prospero Port WANTED (TS 2018-05-06 12:25 PM)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bergelmir Bergelmir 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Alsy silent eyes
    alsy silent eyes
    Participant

Alsy gives up on asking every passer by. She feels like she is iritating some and outright bugging others.

Walking the docks she comes upon an establishment. old and dilapidated, But well lived in and seemingly upkept to the minimum one could be asked.

The sign atop the door gives the buissness name

“The sinking feeling tavern”

A “no vacancy” sign hangs underneath, dangling by a single hook. It appears to not have been touched in a long time.

Feeling thirsty alsy figures its worth a try.

She opens the crooked and creeky door. The doorknob polished smooth from years of callused hands.

As soon as she passes the doors threshold alsy is taken aback by the brazen stench of pipe tobacco and hobbling herb. The air a dark haze of smoke and dim lighting.

Upon entering the room alsy is glared at by a few patrons hunched over there drinks. Clearly agrivated by the bright light of the doorway. “Close the door ya git. Your letting the smoke out!” One patron yells.

Alsy complies as the bartender peeks up from his book for a moment to see what the comotion was. Just as quickly dipping back down to his pages.

Alsy slowly approached the bar feeling the glares of the taverns regulars. Clearly not used to seeing young women in here.

Once at the bar alsy places the wanted poster off to the side. Wanting something to drink before she starts asking questions.

She digs out a few silver as the barkeep raises a finger, as if to say “one moment” he visibly speeds up his reading until he ends the page. Slamming the book shut as if to say “what?”

“Welcome to the sinkin feeling lass. The drink of the day is diluted swill from last years stock. I’m waiting on a new batch, and I ain’t got no fancy wines” he said with an ease only years of repetence could allow.

Alsy placed 2 silver on the counter and tapped her index and middle finger twice to indicate she wanted a glass

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

A brief exchange tenders little but a ruddy glass of kill-devil grog. This is the sort of thing that built Prospero. The sort of thing you’d fill your ship’s hold with. The sort of thing the first and every successive Lordmayor has drunk before every session of council, as sacrosanct as an everlasting covenant. The bartender polishes a mug that is worn and cloudy like seaglass. He almost drops it when he notices what Alsy is holding.

“Ursula Vayn?” exclaims the bartender.

A dread silence falls over the room.

His tone changes entirely.

“You’re far too young, too green, and too unarmed, to be askin’ about a subject like tha’, little girl.”

It's just a passing phase, said the fox - he was being skinned.

Alsy silent eyes
    alsy silent eyes
    Participant

Alsy lifts the glass, giving the drink a sniff. It diddnt seem to be the worst thing alsy ever drank.

With a tilt of the head alsy downs the entire glass, slamming the empty on the counter top.

Alsy then props herself up by her elbows and gives the bartender a rye smile and a raised eyebrow.

She glances down at her empty glass for a moment before returning to the bartender. Tapping to two fingers on the counter to indicate a refill.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

He narrows his eyes and peers down at the empty glass. A quick shot is certainly no waste with this shit. He refills the tumbler. “I suppose you think you’re gonna be the one to bring her to justice, huh?”

“Yer likely to be clapped in irons for tryin’. Sure, there’s a mongoose for every snake… but nobody’s ever managed to scratch her hide…”

Something curious. Despite it being a shabby tavern there is one fresh sprig of vanilla flower, nailed delicately above the bartop.

“Attention wanderin’, poppet? Maybe the ol’ rumbullion’s too much for ye.”

In the anterior doorways figures begin to appear, glancing out from the shadows with dark curiosity.

Alsy silent eyes
    alsy silent eyes
    Participant

Alsy shakes her head and chuckles.

Bringing the tumbler to her lips she takes a more conservative sip. She feels like she has proved she was here to talk.

Grabbing a pen from her bag alsy flips the wanted poster over to write on.

“I don’t want to try and arrest her. I’m not that bold, nor do I care about her crimes.”

“But having friends in high and low places are always an asset. Perhaps I could help her and she could help me”

Alsy turns the page towards the barkeep before taking another sip from her drink

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

“Help her?” he exclaims. He is unable to conceal his surprise.

“If you want to help Vayn… she ain’t lookin for much. Swing a sword or weave a spell and she can make use of ye. If not… ye best be offerin’ a juicy secret. Something she can use. Then you can count yerself among her crew.”

Alsy silent eyes
    alsy silent eyes
    Participant

alsy turns the page back to herself and begins to write

“Im not a combat sort, but I offer the powers of a mysticism. perhaps she has lost something and needs help to find it? I also dabble in….passive security, if she needs something kept safe.

regardless i seek safe passage to the city of suvant eventually. I have a promise to a friend to keep, if she requires help I would like to strike a deal.”

she turns the page to the barkeep and take a swig from the tumbler.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

“Yer gettin ahead of yourself, poppet. Even if I did have half an idea what Vayn might want or where, even she might be found, you shouldn’t expect an introduction just like that.

If I were a pirate lord like she… and this is just speaking hypothetical-like… I wouldn’t come out in the open to chat without a certain display of let’s say moral compatibility with my organization.”

“It might be that I might want someone to display a cavalier attitude toward the law. By stealing something. Something valuable. From someone’s local law enforcement. Something they will miss.”

He goes back to polishing a glass. “But then that’s just me hypotheticalizin’. Pay it no mind.”

Alsy silent eyes
    alsy silent eyes
    Participant

alsy gives a half chuckle. pulling the page back once more she writes out

“well I will keep that very much in mind. thank you for your time, you might see me again.

by the way, tell ursula my name is alsy, if she would like to find me I will be traveling back to the grove in about a weeks time.”

with that alsy tips her head and finishes her drink. getting up she scans the room and notices the shadowy figures hiding in the doorway, she gives them a smile and a nod before making for the front door.

Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    Participant

A weak smile stretches across the bar keeps face. “Too clever by half. Pleased to meet you. See ye next time.”

As the door bumps shut in the cold Prosperan afternoon, one of the dark figures sidles up behind good master barkeep, who does not look at him.

“Have her watched” he says, suddenly accentless.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.